LongIslandSpeedFreaks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LongIslandSpeedFreaks

Long Islanders who love their cars!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just Thinking Out Loud

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Just Thinking Out Loud Empty
PostSubject: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:16 am

ok so 3 years later and over $10k later i have a pretty Highly Modified Elantra in my eyes. i've been throwing around the idea of buying my friend Nick's 03 V6 Tiburon (nick was killed a couple weeks ago in a motorcycle accident at the age of 21) nick put alot of work into his tib and loved it. it was turboed but he parted it out and sold his CF hood, Rims, Turbo and so on. the shop he worked at is going to fix it up and sell it. depending on what they will sell it to me for i am thinking about parting my car out, and selling it to buy the tib. i will basicly be buying a stock tiburon minus the sick NGM intake manifold. but its more so to own nicks old car and continue his work. i guess this entire post is me thinking aloud. i have no idea what they are going to ask for it and no idea how much i can get for my car and the parts.......

that being said, what do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:19 pm

i think thats a great idea. a guy i used to work with is doing that. his brother was killed and the guy bought his brothers old altima and is fixing it up back to the way it was when his brother owned the car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:40 am

im gonna give them a call later this week. im getting fed up with my car
Back to top Go down
02WRXli
Admin
02WRXli

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:48 pm

why is that?
Back to top Go down
https://longislandspeedfreak.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:25 pm

cuz im having fuel tunning issues. also i can pass inspection due to my CEL cuz of the turbo. i just dont know what to do anymore. i've put so much time and money into the car, but its still not running great
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Xero also knew your friend Nick. The car he hit was also xero GF. I heard about it and am sorry for you losing a friend and his family losing there sun. I think you should do and keep his legend around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:46 pm

definiitly man go for it!!! if i was nick i would want someone to take care of my car, and finish what i started!!! thats a great idea man!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:47 pm

i agree with ya rich, great idea, really meaningful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:41 pm

I am willing to throw some man hours in to thelp you as well. I never got to meet him I was supose to and I would really like to help you with some of the work on the car.
Back to top Go down
02WRXli
Admin
02WRXli

Number of posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:43 pm

You know Im down for some wrenching!
Back to top Go down
https://longislandspeedfreak.forumakers.com
makipsee
Admin
makipsee

Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:08 pm

as long as im free same here
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/makipsee

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:26 am

wow..... that would be awsome guys. 1st things first. i gotta see if i sell my car and part it out that i can afford his car and still have money for a tranny swap. i refuse to drive an automatic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 am

agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Thinking Out Loud   Just Thinking Out Loud Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Just Thinking Out Loud
Page 1 of 1